- What is Masoko?
Masoko is an online marketplace that gives you a wide variety of phones and accessories which can be shopped from the comfort of your house, office or even on transit. Items bought are delivered at your doorstep or picked up at any designated pick up point countrywide.
- How do I register on Masoko?
- To register as a user, please visit www.masoko.com (Use Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers for the best experience)
- Click on “Register” on the top right corner of Masoko website.
- Provide your phone number (email is optional), create a password and confirm, an OTP will be sent to you via text for account registration confirmation.
- Create a strong password (mix up letters, numbers and special characters).
- You can also log into Masoko using other Social media platforms i.e. Twitter, Facebook and Google.
- Do I have to create a new account if I already have an existing account?
No, you don’t. You can however edit your account information such as your ‘Shipping’ and ‘Billing’ addresses, update your email address and password by following the steps below:
- Log in to your account
- Click ‘My Account’ and then select ‘Account Information’
- What do I do in case I have forgotten my password?
Please visit the login page and click on the link next to ‘Forgot your password?’; enter the details of the phone number that you used when you first registered your account.
We will send you an SMS with an OTP which you will enter on the field provided. Once entered you will be provided with a field to create a new password enter the new password and confirm your new password then log in.
If you are still unsuccessful in resetting your password, you may contact the Masoko Customer Support Team through email on firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter, Facebook or chat.
- Can I change my account information?
Yes, you can edit your shipping, billing, phone number and email addresses. Simply log in to your account, click ‘My Account’ and then select ‘Account Information’.
- When can I place my order?
You can place your order at any time. Deliveries however will be done as per the timelines noted on the check-out page.
- How do I place an order on Masoko?
Once you log on to www.masoko.com, you can search for items by;
- Searching for the products by keying the product on the ‘Search’ bar.
- Browsing the ‘Category menu’
- Contacting Masoko Support Agents through the chat and request for the product(s) if you have a challenge in navigation.
- Once you find the item (select color if it applies) click the “Add to Cart” button. After adding the item to the cart, a popup on the right side will appear, giving you the options to either continue shopping or to check out. You can also click on ‘My Cart’ to check out.
- If you have an account and have not logged on, you will be prompted to ‘Sign In’ to your account or if you do not have an account, you will be required to ‘Register’ and create a new account if this is your first order.
- Enter a ‘Shipping Address, choose a shipping method, and enter your payment information.
- Review your order details. Be sure you've applied any Gift Cards or promotional codes you would like to use on your order if you have any.
- Click ‘Place your order’.
- Once payment has gone through you will then receive an email with the order details, and a text that the order has been confirmed.
- What options do I have to make a Payment?
Our current modes of payment are M-PESA, Card payments and Bonga points payment.
- How secure is our payment platform?
We take with utmost caution to satisfy our customers trust in their information and money. Our payment service provider is PCI DSS level 1 compliant, and our payment pages use Extended Validation SSL with 256-bit encryption.
- How soon from the time of ordering will my item be delivered?
Your package will be available within 24 hours after placing your order. Orders made after 3.00PM will be delivered the next day. The transit time-period is calculated strictly using business days, which excludes Sunday and Public holidays (Visit Shipping and Delivery Policy for more details).
- Can I choose to collect the items ordered instead?
Yes, this can be done at our selected pick up stations as shown on site. This will be available as a delivery option on check out. A customer may pick up at any designated pick up point countrywide.
- What forms of identification do I need to collect the items?
You can present your National ID.
- Can I send someone to collect the items on my behalf?
Yes, you can. Please ensure that you notify us on email or chat with the name and ID of the person collecting so that we can facilitate this. The person also needs to confirm the integrity of the delivery and confirm whether the condition of the products is good.
- Can I cancel my delivery after I place the order?
We allow for cancellation of the order at any point before it is shipped. Once it is shipped, you can reject it (without opening the package) once delivered, to go back with the rider. Please note that the refund will be exclusive of shipping fees.
- What happens if a product I ordered is out of stock?
Being a market place, sometimes, our sellers sell out very quickly on their stock. We put in our best effort to ensure that this does not happen. We commit to notifying you as soon as it happens and offer store credits or refunds in case there are no alternatives.
- If I’m not at home can the delivery be left with a neighbor or with the security office/guard?
Yes, you can. Please ensure that you notify us on email or chat with the name and ID of the person collecting. Please advise the designated person to review the condition of the products order. Kindly review the terms and conditions of returns to get further information.
- Can I do a Pre-order?
Yes, we do. The product will be tagged on the website. Look out for all our amazing deals and offers.
- Can I pay on delivery?
We currently don’t offer this mode of payment. We will update you once it is available.
- Can I pay using my Bonga Points?
Yes, you can. The rate of exchange to Kenyan Shillings will reflect at checkout.
Flash Sales Terms & Conditions
1. A flash sale is a short-term discount or promotion on products which lasts for a very limited period.
2. Products on Flash Sales are heavily discounted and run out of stock very quickly.
3.The number of products is of a limited quantity.
4.Flash sales go live at a specified time.
5.As selected products are popular and of limited quantity, you can expect them to sell out very quickly.
6.Flash sales typically sell out in seconds.
7.Bear in mind that tens of thousands of people are on the same page trying to buy the same product.
8.Make sure to check out as soon as you put the item in your cart.
9.When an item on Flash Sale runs out of stock, it wouldn't be sold again at the flash sale discounted price.
10.Masoko reserves the right to cancel orders it deems as fraudulent.
Flash Sales Eligibility Criteria
1.Flash sales are limited to one item per customer.
2. A customer can not participate again in the same flash sale competiton after winning.
2.You need to be super quick with your laptop/phone and on a fast and stable internet connection to buy a flash sale.
3.Finding an item and adding it to your cart is no guaranty that you will be able to checkout with it before others.
4.All Safaricom staff, family of staff, partners and agents are not eligible.
ETRs will be available to customers on request.
ETR should be requested within 7 days of order placement.
Timeline is 14 days after request has been made.
What is the cost of delivery?
Our delivery services are based on three key factors; service type, weight, and destination. The cost will however be displayed when placing the order.
Do we offer after sale services for items purchased on Masoko?
Items purchased through Masoko will come with a warranty cover (terms and conditions apply). In case you will need assistance and the item is within warranty you can contact Masoko team via chat for further assistance
What is Masoko’s Return and Refund policy?
Please find all the details on the return and refunds policies here. You can contact us on our various channels listed in the segment below should you need any clarification.
How can I contact Masoko in case I have any issues?
You can contact us on;
- Chat Widget: By logging on to the website and clicking on the chat icon
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @MasokoKe
- Facebook: Masoko Africa
- Can I get a weekly/ monthly subscription and auto delivery for specific products?
At the moment this is not possible. You can however use the re-order option in your account by following the steps below:
- Log in to your account
- Click ‘My Account’ and then select ‘My Orders’
- Look for the order you’d like to replicate
- On the right-hand side, select the option ‘Reorder’